- This event has passed.
The STEAM Shed Launch Night
February 20 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Come along to our brand new premises at The Galleries wigan to learn all about the launch of our brand new members only programme.
The Shed Meetup – a pizza fuelled monthly session for makers, crafters, artists and techies to get together to use the Shed and to share ideas. This launch session is open to members and non members. Come and learn all about our equipment and how you can join our community of makers, artists, geeks, crafters and inventors. Encouraging and inspiring each other, sharing equipment and space, and making the world better by making!
- Ultimaker 3d printer, Laser cutter, Kiln, potters wheels.
- Raspberry Pi’s and proto boards, Arduino packs.
- Artist studio equipment, Screen printing equipment.
- Ricoh Sublimation printer
- Mug Press, Badge Press, soldering irons, sewing machine.
- Consumable items including electronics and art materials.
- Classroom for events and sessions for up to 15 people, Kitchen and snack shop.
- Shared working space – including access to printers, computers and kitchen
- Tool lending library – members arrange short term loan of equipment via the members community page.
Are there ID or minimum age requirements to enter the event?
The membership programme is for over 18’s only. You’re welcome to bring up to two under 18’s as your guests.
What are my transport/parking options for getting to and from the event?
– In the Galleries car park
– On the Mona Street car park
– In/around the town centre
There is lots of bike parking near the STEAM Shed and we’re within easy walking distance of the bus and train stations.
How can I contact the organiser with any questions?
email us on hello AT wigansteam.co.uk
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
No. In fact we’d rather you saved the paper and showed us the receipt on your phone instead!
Is it ok if the name on my ticket or registration doesn’t match the person who attends?